Saturday, February 5, 2011

A letter for my mom.

Dear Ma,
First of all, I want to say Thank you. Thanks for raising me and this may sound a bit dramatic but I am who I am because of you. Thanks for teaching me all the things that I’ve learned so far about life and I know what I’ve learned will help me as I grow to be the best person that I can be. I don’t really know what the future holds but I would always keep in mind all the things that you and Papa had taught me.
Ma, I know I’ve done you a great deal of wrong doings in the past and even now, in the present. With this in mind, I want to say to you that I am greatly sorry for all of those stupid things that I have done.
I am sorry for telling you that ‘I hate you’. You know that I didn’t mean it, right? I am sorry for hating you even though what you said was right. I am sorry for betraying your trust. I am sorry for turning my back to our religion/God. I am sorry for always complaining. I am sorry for thinking only about my sake. I am sorry for treating you badly. I am sorry for being a rebel and for breaking the rules that you and papa had made. I am sorry for showing you this version of myself, which I regret. I am sorry for not appreciating all the things that you’ve given/done to me and my brother. I am sorry for being blind; for not seeing how you struggled to keep this family nurtured and happy. I am sorry for not being there when you and papa fought. I am sorry for not telling you all these in person. I am sorry for bringing out the worst in you. I am sorry for neglecting you. I am sorry for wasting all your efforts. I am sorry for my stupidity and my immaturity.I am sorry for disrespecting you and papa inside the home that you built with love, care, and sweat for 20 years.
Ma, I am truly sorry. I am sorry for not telling you that ‘I am sorry’ and for not telling you that I love you, everyday.
I love you, Ma. I truly do.

Your daughter,
Debbie Kyamko



*senseless Na.Na*

No comments:

Post a Comment